Thursday, May 17, 2012

PUSH Food: Pumpkin Oat Protein Pancake (Easy to make!)

Just want to share this recipe that I came out with spontaneously since my mom had some extra pure pumpkin puree that she steamed, soften and mashed.

 Quickly, I thought of making pancakes.



LOLWUT PANCAKES? Isn't it SINFUL? Well, I'm not a fan of obsessing with defining between "heavenly" and/or "sinful" foods but what I do know you need to eat CLEAN to get for a healthier lifestyle.
Clean eating
 You know, wash your hands before eating?

Alright, the following are the ingredients you need for making this pancake:
1. Pumpkin - DUH. About half a cup, boiled and mashed.
2. Oats - 3/4 cup of cooked oats, doesn't matter if its instant or rolled oats or bran, I like it chunky so I used rolled oats. I used microwave to cook it by adding water about 2minutes.
3. Eggs - I used two whole eggs, if you're concerning about cholesterol and stuff you can use about three egg whites.
4. Sweetener - You may use whatever sweetener you're comfortable with - aspartame, molasses, honey, stevia, even brown sugar. I personally choose sucralose as it taste nearer to normal sugar and still low in calorie. I use a few packets of these.

Then mix all the ingredients together to make the pancake batter. After that, its all similar to how you prepare normal pancake. Heat the stove, add abit of oil to the pan (you don't need if you're using good quality non-stick frying pan), place batter, leave it covered with lower medium heat for 2minutes, flip it over and cook for another 2 minutes then.....

Wala....
Well, doesn't look appetizing but I can assure you that I taste better than it looks.
You may use cooking spray or olive oil, but I used normal hydrogenated palm oil because like I said, I'm not particular of macronutrient nazi here. But I would recommend coconut oil if you have.

Do let me know if you tried out and how it turned out for you, how you have better recommendation. Will post fitness foodie recipe every now and then ;)


Now, excuse me, I'm switching my intensity mood to "GAMER MODE" because of...

Next post gonna include some exercise you can do while gaming... stay tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment