Wednesday, September 5, 2012

ISKA Kickboxing/Muaythai Instructor Course Level 1 & 2 2012

Last week I went to Borneo Combat Gym, Labuan, for my ISKA Instructor Course - Level 1.
ISKA level 1 Instructors, batch 2012. (L-R) Coach Jacky, Sharon, Wong, Myself, Nate, Master Khoo (our trainer who is Asia's ISKA representative and owner of TNTKickboxing), Sid, Alvin, Adey, Calvin, and Aaron.


















It was a tough and challenging course requires alot of physical and mental focus.We all came from different background, places, and objective to get this course perhaps. But one thing for sure about us that we never quit.

The course started off with the most basic part, to do handwraps by yourself and to teach others. We also receive a pair of free handwraps of Master Khoo's brand - Red Dragon.
Besides being a coach, we also get to play as a student. Having an adequate amount of stamina is not an option.
Despite being scolded hard by Master Khoo, all of us endured and passed the test.

He may be strict, but he's a very fun guy. Most importantly he really help us by sharing all his experiences as a coach and showed us the essence of being a good coach.

And I was told to be the first female in Sabah to get certified as a ISKA Kickboxing level 1 coach.
Coach Alvin gave me a present, sewing it on my Fairtex muaythai pants :)
This course had not just improve my knowledge on new class syllabus and techniques but also help me discover and bring out the energy from within. It has been a self-improvement and will continue as a life learning point.

Coach Julian and Randall went for Level 2 upgrading after my test the next day.
Much more harder than Level 1, I better keep in mind before going for level 2 next year.

And they (Level 2 participants) all passed too! Plus, Coach Alvin just got his Level 4, which means the next upgrade would be train and evaluate by him.

Kinabalu Fighters team with Master "Red Dragon" Khoo.
Would like to thank everyone who supported me since I became a Fitness Instructor. You guys, from all walks of life, are true motivators.

I look forward to my upgrade in the future, as for now, continuous improvement! Here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Hi.. Im looking for female personal trainer.. Hope you can contact me nasibah.mk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete