Sunday, June 17, 2012

Kuching Trip - SS Fighter Gym & Studio 23

Was in Kuching from 8th - 12th June for Kyan!me (an anime, comic, games, and Japanese cultural convention, which some of you wouldn't be surprise of me attending this type of events since I have the essence of geek in me) over the weekend.

 What to do on Monday? Well, Julian (my Muay Thai coach), Fara (the wife) and I (okay, light bulb not intended zzz) decided to pay the local gyms a visit.
 First one was SS Fighters Muay Thai Gym.
Kids showing off because they can. lulz.
  Gotta love the kids, there wasn't any trainings going on at the moment but these kids were doing their own training. Well, actually they started showing their muay boran skills and muay thai techniques when we were around to check out the gym. Seems like intentional. So cute, lulz. I'll be teaching kids muay thai soon anyways so am starting to enjoy the view of it. =)


Studio for dance classes, etc.


Pretty decent retail stock display.
 And I got myself a tank top.

 They have machines for cardio and strength training as well.

Now move on to next visit, which we also tried their classes. So happen that Julian knows Reuben, who is also Aikido instructor (from last year's Kyan!me, they did a demo for the event) + Crazy Monkey Defense trainer, who is kind enough to brought to his regular training ground at Studio23.

Julian and I join Reuben with Crazy Monkey Defense and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu class instructed by Albert while Fara join the belly dance class taught by Albert's wife. I gotta say I enjoy every bit of it!
Albert giving demo, pointers on technique before starting.
 Clean, ventilated, minimalist, feels like "home". PINK KETTLEBELLS.

 A very patient and clear delivery of techniques teaching by instructor. PINK KETTLEBELLS


Friendly members. My training partner Joey (then found out apparently we have the same name, at least we both have our own nicknames too =D), is really helpful and willing to be patient on bringing me into this sport since I'm really new to it. I love the fact that she always give feedbacks on the moves and get it right. PINK KETTLEBELLS
 I decided to save rolling until my next visit after I polish abit on my grappling first.

They also have some interesting workout challenge on board.
 Did I mention they have nice looking PINK KETTLEBELLS?
Lol I love the name.

Group pic with the bunch. Awesome people. Pic taken by Fara.
Besides the food, I think Studio23 became one of the reason why I love Kuching. There's various things I love about Kuching but I'm saving that in my personal blog instead.

So if you ever step food on Kuching, either business trip, study, vacation, or settle down and looking for a place to train I highly recommend these two place for you to check out.

4 comments:

  1. Labuan = Bulgi
    Kuching = Pink Kettlebells hmm short of Pinkbells? okay maybe not lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we gonna visit more gyms in da future!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much the free going to paid for a month

    ReplyDelete

  4. i need a health coach seriously..
    i put some weight now these days..

    Toshiba PVT-375BT

    ReplyDelete